Give the Gift of Health
If you’re making a list and checking it twice, skip the trinkets and toys—and instead give the gift of health this holiday season. The perfect gift doesn’t necessarily come from a big box store wrapped in ribbons and bows. What if you could give the gift of lower cholesterol, a healthier heart, a smaller waist, or reduced stress?
Healthy gifts show your loved ones that you care about them—inside and out. So, skip the frantic shopping trip and try one of these gifts of health:
For the Seriously Stressed:
- Massage: Treat your chronically stressed loved one to a relaxing, stress-busting, bliss-building massage. Massage has been shown to improve circulation, relax overused muscles, improve flexibility, alleviate stress, and elevate mood.
- Spa Package: If you really want to pamper your loved one, create a special spa package so they can enjoy hours of relaxation. The sky is the limit—you could treat them to a facial, manicure, pedicure, massage, body wrap, and more.
For the Fitness Fanatic:
- Personal Training Sessions: This is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Personal training is a lifelong educational investment in physical fitness, alignment, safety, and overall health.
- Stability Ball: Stability balls are an affordable, fun gift. They can be used for exercise or as a substitute for a chair. It’s a great tool for improving core strength and posture.
- Yoga Mat: The yogi in your life will be thrilled with a new yoga mat. There is something so refreshing about rolling out a new mat. It creates a renewed commitment to the practice. A thick, colorful mat is something your loved one will enjoy throughout the year.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A heart rate monitor is an excellent fitness tool—sort of like having a personal trainer with you at all times. This would be a perfect gift for the indoor cycling junkie. Pick up a Suunto in the boutique and your loved one will be able to tap into the special system in our new spin studio.
- Private Pilates Sessions: Pilates is a unique workout on specialized equipment that is unlike anything else in the gym. Pilates combines precision and breathing with a combined emphasis on the deep core muscles, which generate the body's power to move in a strong and graceful way. You can’t go wrong with a gift of this unique and effective workout.
For the Fashionista:
- Fitness Wear: New workout wear translates to new inspiration. There’s nothing quite like a cute pair of yoga pants to get you on your mat.
- Gym Bag: Nothing says I love you enough to send you packing to the gym like a new gym bag. Pick a cute, spacious bag with lots of compartments and you’ll have a happy gym junkie on your hands.
For the Foodie:
- Vitamix: This is a serious Santa splurge—and one that is sure to be a hit. Good food can be healthy, too. This magical blender makes delicious and healthy green smoothies, soups, and so much more.
- Cookbook: Most of us would cook healthier food if we only knew where to start. Give your foodie the gift of healthy recipes and he or she will stay on the road to health all year long.
Need help with some last minute shopping? The Zenergy spa and boutique both offer great options for healthy gifts. No matter what you choose, Gandhi said it best: “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”
Happy holidays—and happy health—to you!